Hiring the Hall
The hall is available for bookings from 9am to 11pm Monday to Saturday, and Sunday only by special arrangement. All events without exception must complete by 11pm. All bookings must include set up and tidy up time.
Our basic hire charge for the hall or bar area is £15.00 ph. For hall and bar area, it is £25.00 ph. Discounts may be available for regular and charity bookings. One-off bookings may require a £10 staffing charge.
Party bookings are slightly different. Please see below for example bookings.
Bookings may require an additional refundable deposit payable when booking.
PLEASE NOTE: PARKING is unavailable at ACE Space apart from a dedicated place for one hirer’s vehicle. We ask that guests are advised in advance not to attempt to park there, drop off/pickup or to drive down St Nicholas Road as turning space is also restricted. There is plenty of local parking within a few minutes of the Hall including 30 mins free and free after 6pm in Bartholomew St. Please see more info on our Parking Page.
Please read our terms and conditions particularly regarding parking, removal of rubbish, tidying up, noise levels and nuisance to neighbours below.
ACE Space reserves the right to cancel or terminate a booking if conditions are not adhered to.
3 hour children’s party (up to 9pm) £85 Hall and Kitchen (usually a 2 hour party plus 30 mins each side to set up/tidy up)
4 hour children’s party (up to 9pm) £95 Hall and Kitchen (usually a 3 hour party plus 30 mins each side to set up/tidy up)
Adult parties £25ph for Hall, Kitchen and Bar area. A staffed bar, if available, will be extra.
For a disco party, using our lights and sound system (you supply the music on laptop, ipod, phone etc) please add £15
If using a bouncy castle (max height 11’6″) or a private dj/disco, please add £10.
All hire periods must include adequate time to set up and tidy up.
Terms and Conditions of Hire
Please note that the length of time the facilities are hired and paid for must include the time needed for setting up and clearing up.
- Notices or objects may not be fixed to any of the walls. Moveable display boards may be used, but posters, pictures etc. must be removed at the end of each hire.
- Heating is controlled by room thermostats, which must not be altered.
- All breakages/damage should be reported as soon as possible, after the hire, to ACE Space. The hirer may be liable for the cost of replacement/repairs.
- The kitchen is to be left tidy and clear of all utensils, food, cleaning materials and rubbish sacks.
- Crockery, cutlery and other equipment should be returned to appropriate cupboards and drawers.
Surfaces and tables should be cleared and wiped.
- Please remove all food remaining at the end of the hire period and ensure that you do not leave items in the fridge.
- Hirers are responsible for the removal of all waste from the site including empty bottles. Waste should not be placed in the bins outside the hall but must be taken away.
- Please check that the toilets are flushed and mopped where necessary before leaving at the end of the hire.
Health, Safety and Security
- It is against the law to smoke in any part of ACE Space – if smoking please do so outside main front doors and deposit butts in the wall mounted bins. Hirers are requested not to venture down the lane on the right by the houses for any reason.
- Drinks must not be taken outside.
- Hirers must be over 25 years of age and approved by the Committee.
- Any electrical appliances brought into ACE Space must have a current certificate of electrical safety (PAT Test).
- Fireworks must not be set off in or from the premises. No candles or naked flames allowed.
- Chairs and tables are to be replaced correctly on their storage trolleys after each hire.
- Before vacating the Hall, please ensure that all windows are fastened, that all doors are locked, and all lights and electrical equipment are switched off.
Fire regulations and responsibility in the event of such occurrence
- Ace Space meets all requirements in respect of applicable fire regulations.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that fire exits, and approaches to them, are kept clear and available for evacuation in the event of a fire.
- It is the Hirer’s further responsibility, in the event of fire occurring, to supervise swift and complete evacuation of the building and, subsequently, to call the Fire Brigade.
Public Liability Insurance
Hirers should consider their insurance position when planning any event to be held at the hall.
You are required to ensure that children are protected at all times, by taking all reasonable steps to prevent the occurrence of any injury, damage or harm.